It’s too bad that magic isn’t stored in the gut. That big bellied novice could have been a powerful wizard if that were the case. But I bet there are some really scary big bellied adventurers out there. If a guy can survive so many adventures with that big of a target, he must have a whole lot of skill to make up for it.
I actually did make a game prototype with a big belly magic premise many years ago, it was simple but had a functional combat system I think! I will try to find and post it if you guys are interested!
Awesome as always! I wonder if this party uses this cave as a "test" for new members, maybe even have a deal worked out with the kobolds or whoever lives there? They pick up some hot shot at the tavern and see how well he can handle himself. If he makes it out alive, they pay the kobolds for any damages by sending back a cut of the earnings from the quests the new guy goes on. If not, then the cave-dwellers have a new plaything. And judging by how gleefully they filled that would-be wizard's guts with arrows, they certainly like to play!
That's a great idea, I hadn't thought of the party paying the kobolds off! I had initially thought of using them instead of bandits because it seemed more fun, like the idea of them celebrating after slaying another big-bellied human adventurer. I did have it in my head that this would be a common 'testing' dungeon for adventurers in the area
So I played through the game a couple times and I definitely have a favorite way to die. Mind if I post how? Don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't played yet
You can feel free! It's a very old project and I think I posted it on the old arenafighter that's dead now so this might be the only place to discuss it
Wizards are notoriously weak and vulnerable in dungeons and dragons. I have always wanted to run a D&D campaign where all the wizards have huge vulnerable bellies that are the go to targets for every enemy type
Mu favorite way to die (and to kill) involved the shopkeeper. If he hit you enough times with a certain spell your belly would burst open and your guts fly out, dying in true agony. If you cast the same spell a number of times on the shopkeep he ends up dying in the same fashion and he truly wants it as well! In fact, he lets you use his big belly as a target allowing himself to be stabbed. Let's all take a lesson from this and learn to be more willing targets guys!
Also I stab the shady elf salesman EVERY single time after I buy what I need from him as well as bulging out my belly every time I'm given that option even if it kills me.
I just realized I kind of messed up and posted a test build of the game where the player starts off with a ton of money! That might make it less frustrating for some though, lol
Loved the game! Only wish their bellies got bigger before they burst. My favorite guy to pop was the shop keeper. Sometimes I would let myself get hit with the spell so my belly could bloat up too. Would love to pop some big bellied boys from manhunt
If your comment doesn't show up, please give it a few hours, I might have to authorize it to be posted because this site has been glitching out and marking some comments as spam! -The Bellybutcher
It’s too bad that magic isn’t stored in the gut. That big bellied novice could have been a powerful wizard if that were the case. But I bet there are some really scary big bellied adventurers out there. If a guy can survive so many adventures with that big of a target, he must have a whole lot of skill to make up for it.
ReplyDeleteI actually did make a game prototype with a big belly magic premise many years ago, it was simple but had a functional combat system I think! I will try to find and post it if you guys are interested!
DeleteThat seems like it could be fun.
DeleteI found a version of it, I'll post a dropbox link below the comic, I do believe you need to download the program Quest for it to run properly though
DeleteIt's pretty fun. All the named NPCs look so good.
DeleteThank you! I might be making another game soon because I definitely have some ideas
DeleteAwesome as always! I wonder if this party uses this cave as a "test" for new members, maybe even have a deal worked out with the kobolds or whoever lives there? They pick up some hot shot at the tavern and see how well he can handle himself. If he makes it out alive, they pay the kobolds for any damages by sending back a cut of the earnings from the quests the new guy goes on. If not, then the cave-dwellers have a new plaything. And judging by how gleefully they filled that would-be wizard's guts with arrows, they certainly like to play!
ReplyDeleteThat's a great idea, I hadn't thought of the party paying the kobolds off! I had initially thought of using them instead of bandits because it seemed more fun, like the idea of them celebrating after slaying another big-bellied human adventurer. I did have it in my head that this would be a common 'testing' dungeon for adventurers in the area
DeleteRead a magic tavern comic somewhere where a guy’s gut was turned into a booze barrel with a tap on his belly button.
ReplyDeleteI like that idea, it sounds like a great activity for the Range as well!
DeleteI wanna be that guy !
DeleteSo I played through the game a couple times and I definitely have a favorite way to die. Mind if I post how? Don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't played yet
ReplyDeleteYou can feel free! It's a very old project and I think I posted it on the old arenafighter that's dead now so this might be the only place to discuss it
DeleteWizards are notoriously weak and vulnerable in dungeons and dragons. I have always wanted to run a D&D campaign where all the wizards have huge vulnerable bellies that are the go to targets for every enemy type
ReplyDeleteThat would be an awesome theme for a game, maybe set in an all-male magic academy that plays fast and loose with it's students lives!
DeleteMu favorite way to die (and to kill) involved the shopkeeper. If he hit you enough times with a certain spell your belly would burst open and your guts fly out, dying in true agony. If you cast the same spell a number of times on the shopkeep he ends up dying in the same fashion and he truly wants it as well! In fact, he lets you use his big belly as a target allowing himself to be stabbed. Let's all take a lesson from this and learn to be more willing targets guys!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great lesson for all big bellied guys to learn! Thanks so much!
DeleteAlso I stab the shady elf salesman EVERY single time after I buy what I need from him as well as bulging out my belly every time I'm given that option even if it kills me.
ReplyDeleteI just realized I kind of messed up and posted a test build of the game where the player starts off with a ton of money! That might make it less frustrating for some though, lol
DeleteI am convinced that even he knew it wouldn't work!
ReplyDeleteThat might be true!
DeleteIs Manhunt still available?
ReplyDeleteYes, just look for the post on their blog.
Deletein my opinion it worked out well
ReplyDeleteJust as it should have!
DeleteLoved the game! Only wish their bellies got bigger before they burst. My favorite guy to pop was the shop keeper. Sometimes I would let myself get hit with the spell so my belly could bloat up too. Would love to pop some big bellied boys from manhunt
ReplyDeleteI will definitely have more kills like that soon! I'm very glad you liked the game! I'm thinking about making a sci fi game with a similar theme
Delete